How do I simplify various screens per issue type?

barbarat June 20, 2016

We want all Task screens as simple and clean as possible.

• Task creation screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points
  • Task view screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points
  • Task edit screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points

While bugs, stories, etc. will have more details:

• Bug creation screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points, component, fix version
  • Bug view screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points, component, fix version
  • Bug edit screen: Title, description, assignee, priority, labels, points, component, fix version

Also, can I apply the screens per issue type on a per project basis? I don't want to break any current Tasks or Bugs with my changes...

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

Hi Barbarat,

i suggest you create a whole new set of "screens", "screen schemes" and "issue type screen schemes". With this you can do what you want.

• One Screen for everything you listed above.
  • One Screen Scheme for Tasks, one Screen Scheme for Bugs, Stories etc.
  • One Issue Type Screen Scheme to match your Task Screen Scheme to your Tasks and your Bug-Story Scheen Scheme to your Bugs.

To give you a visual overview for this, see here.

The other question is if it is really simple for you to create al the schemes... smile

greetings
Benjamin

barbarat June 21, 2016

Thanks Benjamin! I'll give it a shot. We were looking for a solution for the non-software dev work (marketing, bizdev, etc) to manage tasks and such because JIRA is so complicated at first glance. If I can simplify it and just show the mimial fields and to do/in progress/done column for their task management - we may have a winner with one system!

Suggest an answer