How do I show the Time Spent field with Time Tracking?

Kristen Jourdonais November 20, 2015

I am attempting to make developers put in time spent on an issue when it goes into a build. I have a resolution screen where I am trying to put this info. I turned Time Tracking on and have it configured, and set Time Tracking to required. However, The only fields that show are original and remaining, not "Time spent." How do I get this field to show? It's not a field and is part of Time Tracking, so I can't figure out why I can't see it. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-20 at 3.47.36 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2015

As you've discovered, the time tracking fields can be confusing because unlike other fields, the name that you add to the Screen as an admin sometimes differs from the field that appears to the user.

In this case, you want to add the "Log Work" field to the transition screen instead of the "Time Tracking" field.

kevin_thennedy July 3, 2020

thanks man!

0 votes
Kristen Jourdonais November 23, 2015

That did it - thanks! 

Suggest an answer