How do I show closed issues in eazyBI?

Libby Christensen April 20, 2015

Hello,

My company has the JIRA Addon EazyBI. I am able to create a timeline chart that shows all the issues that were certain statuses (like open or resolved). Ideally you should see the Open ticket count go down in  a sprint and the closed ticket count go up towards the end of the sprint.

Under columns-> measures I see a calculated member for Open Issues and Resolved issues but not Closed issues.

The Issues closed, Issues closed count seem to get me the tickets that transitioned to close that day.  I just want the total number of closed tickets, not just the ones that were closed that day.

is that possible in EazyBI?

Thanks,
Libby

2 answers

0 votes
simarpreet singh April 18, 2020

Hi @Lauma Cīrule -

I desperately need your help. I have created hour dimension, since I needed to dig down further and TIME dimension was only giving at max the 'day'. So the thing is, I'm getting 'issues created' at that particular hour say 10 am. Now suppose I resolved it by 6 pm. But it's not showing it under 6 pm, instead it shows resolved issue at 10 am itself. Please help me with that.

Thanks.

Untitled.png

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

Hi @simarpreet singh !

As the dimension name indicates, this dimension groups issues by their creation hour; this is not a new Time level. 

Even when using the Issues resolved measure, by using this dimension you group issues based on their creation hour and can see how many issues that are created at 10AM are resolved.

We do have an idea for future development about adding an Hour level in Time dimension that would work with all measures that are related to time. For now, though, could you let me know what is the report you are looking to build? Maybe I can help with some other suggestions.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

simarpreet singh April 20, 2020

Hi @Lauma Cīrule 

Thanks a lot for replying back. I'm trying to build a report for issues created and resolved at each hour of the day (show empty even if nothing created). I want their specific time of creation and resolution per hourly basis.

Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Many thanks,

Simar

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

Hi @simarpreet singh!

Actually, you could use the same hour created dimension and add a calculated member for counting issues by their resolution hour and ignoring the creation hour:

-- annotations.drill_through_non_empty=false
CASE WHEN NOT [Hour of Day Created].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES "All.*|\(none\)" -- when we are on an hour level
THEN
NonZero(Count( -- go through issues and count
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
NOT IsEmpty([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at')) -- the ones that have resolution date
AND ([Measures].[Issues resolved], [Hour of Day Created].DefaultMember) > 0 -- ignoring the creation hour
AND -- and their hour of resolution matches the name of creation hour dimension member name
Hour(DateParse([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at'))) = Cast([Hour of Day Created].CurrentMember.Name as NUMERIC)
)))
END

Please note that the hours would show only if there is at least one issue created in that hour, even if not in the currently selected period.

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2015

Hi Libby,

By default JIRA stores issue resolution date (resolved issues are counted in Issues resolved measure), but not final issue closing date. To get closed issue count (count of issues that have gone in final closed state) when starting JIRA data import in eazyBI plugin you should specify Closed statuses field value. Please see more details here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Issues+closed+measure.

When using Time dimension these issues are grouped by the date when they entered in the final workflow status. If you wish to ignore the time and show total closed no matter the time period, you can create a new calculated member with following formula 

(
  [Measures].[Issues closed],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
)

Let me know if you have any additional questions (please share your report details so I can see context you are viewing the data in).

Kind regards,

Adam November 6, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to do this but it's not working for me - I need to get the cumulative count of issues completed up to now in the sprint. However, the numbers returned are not correct. I tried quite a few different methods - eg Issues Completed and the computed field described above, but nothing works.

When I use JQL to check the correct number it is working as expected - I'm using resolution != unresolved and sprint = XXX.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Hi @Adam,

There is a sample report that shows cumulative story points resolved, see https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/80621-sample-sprint-story-points-burn-down.

If you would be filtering to currently running sprint, you would see the cumulative until now. 

See more details about other Sprint measures here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/data-from-jira-and-apps/jira-software-custom-fields.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Adam November 8, 2018

Hi Lauma,

Thanks for your answer. But we don't actually use story points. We're looking for a count of unresolved issues remaining in the sprint. Is this possible?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2018

Hi Adam,

Ok, I see. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

For this you can use the standard 'Open issues' measure - this would show how many issues that are in the sprint are still open. 

If you still find this is not what you are looking for, please send me (probably over e-mail) more details of the report (what you use on rows and columns and as page filters) and some screenshots highlighting the problem.

Manoj June 24, 2019

hi Lauma,

i have a query, i have created a table/dashboard in eazybi with certain fields.

is there any way to get the closed issues inputs in newly created issue. 

for example, one of our employee has serve a noticed period and as soon as we update jira from full time to notice period there is transition which create a new issue.

Now in table new issue does not pick up resignation date updated in old issue rather it is picking from new issue since have updated in new as well as old one. 

However, i need it to pick up only from Old issue and show correspondence to the new issue.

Please guide.

Thanks!

M

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2019

Hi, M!

If there is a link between these two issues, you can get the linked issue measure or property value by extracting it from that other issue. For example:

([Issue].[Issue].GetMemberByKey(
[Issue].CurrentMember.get("Old issue link")),
[Measures].[Issue resignation date]
)

Like Manoj likes this
Manoj June 25, 2019

Hello Lauma,  Thanks for your kind response, i really appreciate this however there is no link between these two issues the new issue gets created as soon as on i moved the status to full time to notice period. 

is there any other way or query to write, please suggest. Looking forward your kind response.

Thanks, M

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2019

I see. Though I now do not understand what is the setup - how from looking at the new issue you can tell it is related to the old one?

Maybe it is better to continue this with screenshots highlighting the relationship and the field that needs to be read from the old issue (probably over e-mail)?

Suggest an answer