How do I share dashboard with custom group

Navin P September 29, 2017

I have created Dashboard and I want to share only member of particular group. Does anyone know how I can do that. The custom group does not even show up on drop down list to share. See attached screenshot.JIRA_Dash_C1.JPG

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Hi Navin,

Are you a member of the group you are looking to share the dashboard with? Believe you can only share with groups that you are also a member. 

Hope this helps,
Danny

Navin P September 29, 2017

Hi Danny 

That makes sense, for some reason I thought when I create the group it would have added me by default. I added myself in group and I could see the group and share with group. However the members of the group still cannot see under Dashboards. They cam see when they copy and paste the link to dashboard that I send.

Do I need to ask them to do something ? 

Thanks for the help ! 

Navin

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Hi Navin,

When they are in the Dashboards section they can search for the one you've shared and then click it as a favourite so it appears in their my dashboard section. 

Glad to help and if this solved your question - could you please click the checkmark to the left to close the issue.

Thanks,

Danny

Like Paulo likes this
Navin P October 9, 2017

Thanks it worked. I had to fix some of the group settings and also it showed only when searched, not when you click on "All Dashboards".

Appreciate your help !

0 votes
AP March 13, 2019

Same for me. Unfortunately a bit unfavorable, because the group which I like to share the dashboard with is not a group of which I would prefer to be member of. E.g. admins and directors board.

Chada D Majette May 21, 2019

Andre,

That's my problem as well.  I do not want to be the member of every group just to create and share a dashboard or filters.  I'm sure there must be another way to do this.

Ryan Geddings February 24, 2022
0 votes
Deleted user September 17, 2018

It worked for me as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer