How do I setup ticket creation when an email is sent to a specific address.

FranklinG June 12, 2014

Basically I want a ticekt to be opened and assigned to a specific queue everytime an email is sent to support@....com

4 answers

0 votes
Sharda Gupta November 16, 2014

Hi Pedro,

When i am trying to configure, Incoming Mail > Add POP / IMAP Mail Server > It is asking for username and password..any idea which id should be used here?

I am tetsing it first in Dev instance with routing server which dont have username and password.

Thanks in advance..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2014

You need to give it the username and password for the mail account on the mail server. Your "routing server" is not important here, you need to connect to mail.

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2014

Hello,

You need to configure your incoming mail, and then configure some mail handlers to deal with different projects and filters of your inbox.

Basically the documentation that Nic has sent you will guide you on this setup.

Cheers.

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2014

Hello,

You need to configure your incoming mail, and then configure some mail handlers to deal with different projects and filters of your inbox.

Basically the documentation that Nic has sent you will guide you on this setup.

Cheers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2014

Suggest an answer