How do I setup my /data/ folder to write to a NAS

Joanne May 11, 2015

I wanted to change my attachment directory to use a NAS folder for disaster recovery backup.  however, when I go into the attachments page and click 'Edit Settings' it does not let me change it from use default directory?  Is it possible to change the attachment folder to use a NAS?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

Hi Joanne,

you could define a new JIRA_HOME -> please read this before! Then all of your JIRA-Data is saved on NAS.

Please do on your own risk! This would be the steps i'd do:

• Shutting down JIRA
  • Connecting NAS-Drive or be sure using UNC-Path works, e. g. \\NAS\JIRA-HOME
  • Copy actual JIRA-HOME to \\NAS\JIRA-HOME (do not delete anything!)
  • Configure jira-application.properties to point on \\NAS\JIRA-HOME and save
  • Starting JIRA

If it fails: Shut down again and point back to the old JIRA-HOME in jira-application.properties. Should again start just fine.

Cheers, Mario

0 votes
Joanne May 11, 2015

Using JIRA on windows server.

0 votes
no_longer_in_sudoers_file
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2015

Can you tell me more about your environment?

Are you running under Linux or Windows?  If you are working in a Linux world, you can use mount points at the operating system layer and avoid reconfiguring the application.

(FWIW: This is what I do on the Atlassian Support JIRA instance.  Dealing with storage at the operating system layer is just easier.)

Suggest an answer