How do I setup Jira Service Desk

Kostadin Prosenikov February 2, 2017

Hello,

I have installed the JIRA Service Desk, however I do not see any configuration in the page or whatsoever.

Where do I configure the service desk?

2 answers

0 votes
Kostadin Prosenikov February 3, 2017

Thank you. I have set it up, now I am unable to link two project.

My idea is that the client will be able to work under some defects for one project and customer can raise issues and work on tickets in Service Desk application.

However I do not see in SD any way how do I select bugs/defects/tasks from another project?

Please see the attached screenshots - I want to be able to work on queue from other projects, otherwise I am unable to track the defects and bugs. 

Now Kanban board (project Zero Emissions Dog House) is one project and the other project for the Service Desk is named (Zero Dog House Service Desk). I want the SD agents to be able to see the other project.

ZDH board.PNGSD Project.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2017

A service desk layers itself over a project.

Your other project is not a service desk project, so it doesn't appear in the service desk stuff.  You can give your agents access to see it as a normal JIRA project of course, but it's not service desk.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Hi Kostadin,

If JSD is installed correctly then you should be able to create a new project of type SERVICE DESK. This will appear on the pop up to create a new project. Most of the JSD specific configuration can be done in the respective project.

-Ravi

Suggest an answer