How do I set up multiple milestones within a task creation?

Brian Riggsbee December 5, 2012

Hi - I just downloaded the 30-day trial of Jira (OnDemand) and want to see if there is a way for me to configure a newly created task to have multiple milestones within it. For example, I want to be able to create a task and have 5 milestones (e.g. kick-off, first review, second review, QA, live) each of which can have a date assigned to it.

Further, I will want to be able to generate a report with these milestones (e.g. see everything that is in first review for a sepcific date).

Is this possible with Jira? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2012

Hi Novalin,

Sorry about our delayed response, you are indeed entitled to support while on a trial, it's just that support.atlassian.com has it's own accounts, so you'll need to create a new one if you don't already have one.

The best way to represent milestones in JIRA would be through different statuses in your workflow. You can follow this documentation to learn how to create new statuses and then this documentation to help you configure a workflow with those statuses.

You can use the issue navigator to search for issues in specific statuses, and also for issues that were in a specific status. You can use the 'was' operator to find issues that were in a status at a specific time.

0 votes
Brian Riggsbee December 9, 2012

Hi - Hoping someone has some insight to the above question. I wanted to email their support team but it won't even let me log in where you need to for support. I thought you get free support with the 30 day trial in December, but I guess not?

Suggest an answer