How do I set up jira as a ticketing system?

Geir Wiksén March 12, 2013

I want to set up Jira as a proper ticketing system, how do I do it? I have looked into the plugin Jira Enterprise Mail Handler, but I do not know how to set it up correctly and I find the documentation unclear. Are there other options?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

It's a "proper ticketing system" pretty much off-the-shelf, but I'm very well aware that people have completely different ideas of what such a system is.

I think you need to define some of your requirements before we can help you here. Roughly what purpose do you wish to put it to, what broad groups of user types do you have, and, because you mentioned JEMH, you obviously need something a bit more powerful than the default mail handling, so could you expand on what you want to do via email?

0 votes
Geir Wiksén March 12, 2013

Great, I'll try the step by step, thanks!

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Documentation with JEMH is a challenge, if you have clear requirements Im always happy to advise. A recent page may help:

- Configure JEMH for a Helpdesk environment from scratch

If that doesn't fit your exact needs, feel free to create a support ticket on JEMH JIRA.

Suggest an answer