How do I set up Jira 6.4.9 to use Oracle 12c?

Dan Landerman September 14, 2015

I have seen a number of places where JIRA 6.4 now supports Oracle 12c databases. What I don't see is the proper way to configure it in dbconfig.xml and elsewhere (if needed). The closest I've come to an answer to this is the following blog post http://www.melongoblog.com/?p=1. Are the methods/config detailed here correct and supported?

The ported config for 10g seems to be working properly but I assume using this old config is probably not best practice. Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2015

Hi Dan,

JIRA supports the Oracle 12c as stated in JIRA supported platforms. In order to connect to Oracle, you must follow the steps outlined here and set the database connections parameters in the config.bat or sh from JIRA_install_directory/bin folder.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Dan Landerman September 15, 2015

Just so I am clear, you're saying that if my connection details are correct in dbconfig.xml and I can connect when viewing the database tab in config.bat, all I need to change is the <database-type> value in the dbconfig.xml file to oracle12c for it to work properly (i.e. use the appropriate 12c driver)? Thanks. ps- I am not a bot, any chance I can have something upvoted so I don't have to wait 24hrs to reply to things? Thanks!

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2015

That's correct! I also suggest to download the latest Oracle ojdbc driver from Oracle website for best compatibility and performance. Ps. I have upvoted your question too :D Cheers, Rodrigo

Suggest an answer