How do I set up JIRA Service Desk to allow ticket creation in an internal project?

Nick P August 8, 2017

My company are currently working with an external client who puts requests into a "Help Desk" project as tickets that we manually clone and move over to an "Internal" project.

This was set up so that the client didn't have access to sensitive information such as time tracking etc. The client wants to see our progress at a sprint level so again, we manually moved their Epics and Stories through the Task Board in their project. We were doubling up work and decided we could either:

1. Let the client have access to our internal project, or
  2. Give JIRA Service desk a try

We need to make this more streamlined so that the engineering team can instantly get requests from the customers.

The main questions I need answered is:

Can we set up JSD so that the customer - a small digital media / analytics team - can:

• Submit tickets in a Service Desk project that automatically creates a relevant ticket in the internal project?
  • Comment on the same Service Desk tickets and have this information updated on the linked internal tickets?
  • See any active progress of our current sprint and/or release in the internal project (mainly task title & status) without revealing any sensitive information?

I'm assuming there's a way to make this work through Filters and Automation, however any clarification would be amazing.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Hello,

• Submit tickets in a Service Desk project that automatically creates a relevant ticket in the internal project?
    -> you could use some add-on to automatically create a link issue in the internal project (for exemple using Exocet in the create post-function)
  • Comment on the same Service Desk tickets and have this information updated on the linked internal tickets?
    -> same, some add-on allow the synchronisation (Exocet or Backbone for exemple)

Regards

Nick P August 8, 2017

Amazing - I'll look into this Quentin! Thanks.

Suggest an answer