How do I set the Organizations and/or Participants for a JSD request using Python jira module?

Kirill Karpelson September 16, 2017

I am trying to set the Organization and/or Participants for a bunch of my Jira Service Desk requests programmatically.

As a background, I am migrating from Jira to JSD and need to make old tickets visible after the migration. For that I need to set those 2 fields.

I am doing something like this (in a loop over a bunch of tickets):

issue = jira.issue('TST-11')

# Update participant
issue.update(fields={'customfield_12800': ['john.smith@company1.com']})
# error: expected Object
issue.update(fields={'customfield_12800': [jira.user('john.smith@company1.com').name]})
# error: expected Object

# Update Organization
issue.update(fields={'customfield_12100': ['Company1']})
# error: Operation value must be a number at array index 0

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks, Kirill

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kirill Karpelson September 16, 2017

Answering my own question. This is what worked:

# Participant!
issue.update(fields={'customfield_12800': [{'name': 'john.smith@company1.com'}]})
# Organization!
issue.update(fields={'customfield_12100': [4]}) # 4 = ID of Company1

Good night!

Piotr Celej December 11, 2018

I'm trying to do similar but how can you find an index of each organization? In my implementation I have more than 50 organizations! I need to create a mapping as in old data I have only names.

Like Sergei Rogalskii likes this
Oliver Scott-Hughes (CX) November 24, 2020

Realise this thread is dead but for anyone's future ref you're able to set orgs like this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Using-a-smart-value-to-add-an-organisation-to-a-ticket/qaq-p/1484417

Eddy Bonilla Mercado August 9, 2022

Thank you very much, it worked perfect for me, in the automation, to update the organization field.

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10002": {[32]}
}
}

Suggest an answer