How do I send e-mail reminders to issue assignees?

shaunbakerza November 20, 2014

We would like to send an e-mail reminder to assignees of certain issues on a regular basis. Creating a query is easy enough, but we're unable to determine how to send the result of the query to the assignee, without asking each assignee to subscribe to the query individually. 

Is it possible to set up e-mailing of query results without requiring each person to subscribe?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2014

You can try to add all relevant users to a group and then make 1 subscription by yourself. Since the subscription will be probably based on assignee = currentUser() each user will get a different result although the filter is the same.

shaunbakerza November 20, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I've done as suggested and will see how it goes. I'm curious as to how the suggestion elements tie together to solve the problem though - what does Jira do in the background to link the fact that there's a group containing the relevant users (to which I have also added myself - this seemed necessary) to my subscription to a query?

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

As far as I understand (just my interpretation) is that the group just holds the users to email to, but before the email is actually sent the query is calculated for each of the users, the same way if the user would to type the relevant JQL on its own.

Suggest an answer