How do I send customer notifications to internal (agent) reporters?

Mike S Outlook January 24, 2017

On JIRA Service Desk, we have internal JIRA users (agents) who work outside the office on site with customers. When these agents act as the customer (reporter) and raise a quest, they don't receive the 'customer notifications', such as outlined here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

Instead, they receive general Jira notifications which don't include the information I have set in my service desk customer notifications. I need these users to receive the detailed notifications and not the general JIRA ones.

How do I configure my customer notifications to go to my internal users when they raise requests?

Note - these agents don't use the portal, they use the internal service desk page to raise requests and interact with requests, like a collaborator on behalf of customers. They have:

'create issue' access
'service desk agent' access
'browse' access
'add comment' access

Thanks,
Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2017

Michael,

this is less of an answer and more of some thoughts based upon my experience. Hopefully someone will have a better answer for you. With that said...

I assume you have your agents listed as Customers too? Note that Customer does not equal Reporter. Having said that, I expect that may not make a difference. I believe that being an Agent supersedes being a customer. JSD's two notification schemes (Customer and standard JIRA notifications). This allows you to handle the non-JIRA user use-case that Customers fall into. However, since your Agents are JIRA users I believe notifications to them will fall under standard JIRA notification scheme. I need to test this out w/ a peer to validate.

Mike S Outlook January 26, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response. It certainly seems that this is the issue we are experiencing. 

Is it possible to edit the Standard JIRA Notifications template? All I want to do is include a url link on the notifications that agent reporters are receiving.

Regards,

Michael

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

Michael,

I haven't spent time on this but there is some documentation that may get you where you want to be (below). Others may have more insight and respond here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/customizing-email-content-829827257.html

good luck

Mike S Outlook January 26, 2017

Hi Jack,

Unfortunately we are on the Cloud based JIRA so there is no access to this feature (as far as I'm aware).

Thanks anyway!

Michael

Matt Holtermann March 18, 2022

Hey Michael,

Did you ever find a way to solve this? Maybe with an app or something?

Suggest an answer