How do I select my default project?

Read Only February 27, 2013

I have two projects in my Jira installation - a live project where real work is being done, and a test project where I test stuff out.

I'm using Greenhopper also, and when I click the "Agile" link I'm always shown the board for the live project, not my test project.

How do I set my test project as the default so I can actually test stuff without screwing up the live project?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Read Only February 28, 2013

Okay, I think I've sorted it now. I need to create a new filter that refers to my test project, then create a new task board under the "Agile" tab, and associate it with the new filter.

It's kind of logical in retrospect, I suppose!

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

JIRA will remember whatever the last project you selected was from the project drop down. to get back to the same project after moving away, click "project." the same applies to agile. if you move away from the agile board, click the word "agile" and you're back to your last view.

Read Only February 28, 2013

Hi, That's what I expected would happen! But it doesn't. My default project when I start is the live project. If I select my test project from the drop down I get the Summary page for my test project. Fine. But if I then click on the "Agile" tab I get the board from the the live project, not from my test project which I just selected.

If I exit Jira and come back in, it reverts back to the live project, not to the project I last selected.

Cookies are enabled etc., I'm using Firefox 19.

Suggest an answer