How do I select all subtasks of any issue with a certain label?

Christian Jarhult March 1, 2016

I'm trying to form a JQL statement that selects all subtasks of any issue that has a certain label on it. Is this possible?

EDIT: To clarify, I would like to be able to do a query like:

parentlabel = MyLabel

1 answer

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

yes.

issuetype not in standardIssueTypes() and labels = YourLabelName
Christian Jarhult March 1, 2016

That doesn't seem to work as I wanted. I'll try to explain what I need with a pseudo-query:

parentlabel = MyLabel

Now, "parentlabel" does not exist in JQL, but maybe there is another way of doing the query?

What I try to do is to create a filter for my teams Kanban board, that will make it show the issues with my team's label, but also all subtasks to them. And I don't want to manually put the label on all subtasks we create. So the full pseudo-query I try to do is:

project = MyProject AND (label = MyTeam OR parentlabel = MyTeam) ORDER BY Rank ASC
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

you need to install script runner and use the below query:

project = myproject AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() and labels = team or (issueFunction in subtasksOf('labels = team'))

Suggest an answer