How do I see issues with a specified version under my project's Releases hub?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

I'm trying to find out why my issues are not showing up in their project's Release hub per project version.  Here's the quick and dirty of how I'm creating our JIRA Project structure and use:

• We have a project representing product Foo
  • That product Foo has Versions 1.0 and 2.0, created as versions in that project
  • We need to track product details from a legacy system for those versions so we have a "Software" issue type and it has a Version custom field to select a project version (or can use the system field of Affect Version, any solution to help me works)
  • We also have Bug issue types for product Foo so we use both that same Version custom field as well as the Fixed Version system field, both to select one of the available project versions
  • When I then go to Project Foo, click Releases which takes me to the Release Hub, I then select version 1.0 but it says that 0 issues are open, in-progress, or complete for that version.  Version 2.0 will say the same.   But I have at least 1 open Software issue and 1 open Bug issue that have version 1.0 selected from the dropdown?  These issues could be at any status I think and I don't see them? 
  • We're not using any Agile boards yet, but the plugin is installed. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

Sorry for not updating this question. 

I learned from Support that the only issues that show up under the Releases hub section of a Project are those with a "Fix Version/s" selected.  That is the only version picker field that currently allows issues to show up there, which is obviously incredibly annoying as for some issue types it's not clear to call them "fixes" nor should they apply to more than 1 version as the Fix Version/s field allows.

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2015

The Sprint Health Gadget might help?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2015

to clarify, my issue does not involve Sprints. We have issue types for Software builds, Defects, and Improvements and the Software build issues do not get associated with a sprint. However, if we go to their Project's "Releases" view, it shows no open/closed/existing issues in it by version. I'm using a custom Version Picker field for these 3 issue types however the Affects Version or Fixed Version don't exactly seem to have them show up under the Releases view either

Suggest an answer