How do I search for stories?

Tod Kiryazov October 10, 2017

When I search for stories in the Sprints board, I can only see results of tickets and stories that are currently being worked on or are pending. How do I search old stories, stories in past sprints and stories marked as done?

I am not applying any custom filters to my search other than string / keyword match.

Thanks! 

Tod
Insurify

3 answers

1 vote
Jose Herrero October 10, 2017

Hi Tod,

those views (backlog and board) show only the issues that are not completed.

To search all issues you have to click Issues > Search for issues and use that global search functionality.

Here is more information about how to search:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/searching-for-issues-764478280.html

I hope this is helpful,

Jose 

Tod Kiryazov October 13, 2017

Thanks! @Jose Herrero That was very helpful 👍

0 votes
Kailash Chander April 6, 2022

This is how pull stories from all Sprints (Open or Closed) and Backlog

1. Go to Backlog and click on the "Views Issues in Navigator".  On my Jira instance its the looks like a page with 4 horizontal lines to the left of it. image.png

2. Leave only project = XYZ and remove rest of the query.  Once you see all issues in the project, you can start amending your query to see the issues by issuetype or priority or something you like.  BTW, you can also use this to bulk amend issues e.g. to add bulk labels.

0 votes
Mike September 20, 2021

Hi,

I am having the same issue and the link provided did not help. Can somebody help? 

seguro de auto

Suggest an answer