How do I search for mentions with JQL?

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Hi all.

I've done some googling and turned up that I should be able to create search filters with strings like "text ~ currentUser()" or "(comment ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR summary ~ currentUser()", neither of which seem to work. If I replace currentUser with my actual username, it will return SOME of the issues where I'm mentioned but not nearly all of them. What gives? Anyone have more experience with this?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2014

Ryan,

What if you try searching for

text ~ "\"[~username]\""

Does it return all issues?

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

It returns two more issues than text ~ rbelmont or text ~ currentUser. None of the above return the issue I mentioned myself in this morning to test.

Suggest an answer