How do I search for issues that were worked on in a given month?

David Kerr December 8, 2015

This is proving to be tricky because I'm not looking for issues that were created or resolved - but rather I want to know all the issues that were dragged to the "In progress" column (and status changed to "In progress") in a given month. I know that each issue contains a history that tells me when the status of an issue changed - so perhaps the question is more around how can I search through the history?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

Here is some sample JQL you might try.

status = "In Progress" and status changed after -31d

David Kerr December 10, 2015

Thanks James - I think the "status changed" is really what I'm after. After playing with the WAS operator, I found it doesn't quite tell me what I want. For example - using WAS I was getting an item in my results that was set to 'In Progress' back in September and sat in that status during the month of November. So when I query for issues that WAS("in progress") DURING(november) - this issue is returned. Maybe I could have combined operators to return where it was in multiple status values, but at the end of the day - any status change in that timeframe is effectively telling me that some work was done. So in the end, the JQL that best seems to give me what I need is this: status changed during("2015-11-01","2015-11-30") I could limit it to a specific status - but in the end this just tells me all activity that happened - which also works for what I need it for.

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Excellent.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2015
David Kerr December 9, 2015

Thanks for this! The "Updated" option seems too broad - as it will return issues that just had values changed (e.g. FixVersion updated), so the "WAS" operator seems the best option. Do you know if the WAS operator only returns if the value was set during the time specified? For example - if I now search for: status was in (Resolved, "In Progress", Done) during (2015-11-01, 2015-11-30) Will this also return issues that may have been sitting in the "in progress" status during that month? Or is it only returning issues where the status was changed to one of those values during that month? btw - the above JQL shows invalid but still seems to return the results

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2015

The "IN" operation means it will run the same command in all the values on it. So in this case, it's like execute the JQL 3 times with each status that you have.

Suggest an answer