How do I retain formatting when editing comments?

Matt Parks October 26, 2014

When a comment with formatting is edited, the new notification that is sent out no longer displays the formatting, but the actual format tags. Is this expected? Is there any way to allow the edited comment to retain the formatting?

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks October 26, 2014

Juan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm the one receiving the notification and my Email type is set to HTML. Note that this behavior is being seen by others at my company.

Matt

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

Hello Matt I cannot give you further advise on that. Perhaps you will have to create an issue with Atlassian Support for this case.

Matt Parks October 27, 2014

How do I create an issue with Atlassian Support? I've never done that before.

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014
0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2014

Hello Matt

Try checking that the profile configuration of the user that is receiving the email has 'Email type' set to HTML.

You could also force that as a JIRA Administrator to all users, setting the default value of that flag.

Suggest an answer