How do I restrict access to View All Boards?

Angela Riggs April 26, 2017

My company has multiple clients and many projects, and we create a project board for each project in Jira. 

Clients are added to project groups, and do not have cross-access into other project groups. E.g., Client 1 is added to Project A, and cannot see any information about Project B - Z. 

However, all individuals and groups DO have access to Boards > View All Boards, where they see a list of all project boards. If Client 1 from Project A clicks on the project board for Project G, they will not see tickets; just an empty backlog or empty sprint board.

However, we name our boards by the project name, which means clients are able to see what else we're working on. This can cause security / NDA concerns for us. 

Is there a permission to specifically restrict (or explicitly grant) access to the View All Boards page?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Mathieu Larouche April 27, 2017

Hi Angela,

It means that the filters associated with your boards are notre restricted.

You should edit the permissions of the filter for each board to make sure that only the client has the permission to see the filter associated to his project.

I hope it helps!

Mathieu

Angela Riggs April 28, 2017

That was exactly what we needed - thank you!

Freddy Villalba August 22, 2018

Hi guys,

I know this is an old issue, but I'm experiencing the same and I don't see that the above solves it.

All of my filters are restricted. That effectively prevents non-authorized users accessing the board (or, at least, seeing any items in those boards)... but they still get listed in the View All Boards page, which is what the original post was about.

Not sure if I should be creating a separate post for this, but since it seemed so similar to this one, I decided to try commenting on it first.

Bests,

F.

Sorcha Millican-Nagle November 28, 2019

Hey Freddy, I think you're correct and I am having the same problem. I agree there should be a way to control this. The other downside is these users can still search for issues too. 

Dian Boynov December 16, 2019

Hello guys, I'm experiencing the same problem. Yes, they can be restricted to see what it is in the project/board (issues and etc.), but they are still able to see the name of the project/board.

Can someone advise us on how to resolve this?

@AtlassionSupport hope you are watching :) 

Suggest an answer