How do I restrict a user from being "assigned" issues unles it is in a specific state

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2012

Our source librarian gets issues assigned to him in the "Open" state, so the workflow is being bypassed. The librarian only job is to merge new.modified code after the process has been followed...

How can I prevent issues from being assigned (ie. hit the "Assign" button on open issues) to the librairan user?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2012

See Jobin's answer on this post

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/58269/how-can-i-filter-the-asignee-list

You can have a group that does not include the librarian in this case.

0 votes
Darlene Pike January 23, 2013

The property that works for me is jira.permission.assignable.group not jira.permissions.assignable.group (no "s" in permission)

0 votes
Darlene Pike January 23, 2013

The property that worked for me is jira.permission.assignable.group not jira.permissions.assignable.group (no "s" in permission)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2012

There are many ways to accomplish this task. I would initially try putting your librarian into its own group and remove the librarian from the group you use to assign users. The new group would have the same permissions/roles assigned.

Then use the condition by group to set which set of users make the transition.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Combiningconditionsintogroups

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2012

Hi Norman,

Unfortunately it is not directly related to a workflow transition, I need to prevent people from "re-assigning" (ie. pressing the Assign button), to a specific user while in the Open state, or any other developer states...

I think it needs to be a property of the state, I have tried using this property in

Workflow Step Properties: Open

jira.permissions.assignable.group=jira-developers

of which the librairan is not a member of, but this doesn't do anything...

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2012

My bad, i did not publish the change, and the step property above does actually work...

Thanks

Suggest an answer