How do I restrict a user from being "assigned" issues unles it is in a specific state

Our source librarian gets issues assigned to him in the "Open" state, so the workflow is being bypassed. The librarian only job is to merge new.modified code after the process has been followed...

How can I prevent issues from being assigned (ie. hit the "Assign" button on open issues) to the librairan user?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

See Jobin's answer on this post

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/58269/how-can-i-filter-the-asignee-list

You can have a group that does not include the librarian in this case.

There are many ways to accomplish this task. I would initially try putting your librarian into its own group and remove the librarian from the group you use to assign users. The new group would have the same permissions/roles assigned.

Then use the condition by group to set which set of users make the transition.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Combiningconditionsintogroups

Hi Norman,

Unfortunately it is not directly related to a workflow transition, I need to prevent people from "re-assigning" (ie. pressing the Assign button), to a specific user while in the Open state, or any other developer states...

I think it needs to be a property of the state, I have tried using this property in

Workflow Step Properties: Open

jira.permissions.assignable.group=jira-developers

of which the librairan is not a member of, but this doesn't do anything...

My bad, i did not publish the change, and the step property above does actually work...

Thanks

The property that worked for me is jira.permission.assignable.group not jira.permissions.assignable.group (no "s" in permission)

The property that works for me is jira.permission.assignable.group not jira.permissions.assignable.group (no "s" in permission)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

134 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you