How do I replicate a standard business process project without rebuilding the project everytime?

Deon Myburgh August 31, 2017

We have a standard business process review project which we execute each time we consult with a client. Each step needs to be done, or motivated for not being done.

Do I need to recreate the business process review project each time we need to set-up for a business process review:

1. Can I copy the project?

2. Can I import the project from Excel / MeisterTask / etc.?

3. How else can I clone / copy the project.

The reporting from the application provides the information that we want to see, but the requirement to load a 250 step project is cumbersome.

2 answers

1 vote

Thank you, I will try the suggested process

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

Hi @Deon Myburgh,

Out of the box, you can create a new project with a shared configuration (in the create project dialog, you will see the option at the bottom). This will create a new project with the same schemes as your sample project, but it will not include your issues.

To fix that, yes you can import issues from e.g. a csv file. JIRA has a lot of importers that may help you do that.

If this sounds like a lot of hassle and you have Scriptrunner on your JIRA instance, you can copy a project and even the issues with the built-in Copy Project script.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Walter, you right its quick and simple it just sounds like a hassle. One thing Deon could do ontop of this is create a few projects using the shared config but make sure they are hidden, then import the CSV files. Then he can role them out as needed by changing the permissions and name of the project and of course the key.

Thank you, I will try the process

Suggest an answer