How do I reopen a sprint which I started by mistake

Dan Orsborne June 24, 2015

I started a sprint (which I was using as a placeholder for our stretch list) by mistake and the only way I could see of getting the correct sprint started was to close it and start the correct one.  This means that I now can't re-open this stretch list sprint and all my reports show incorrectly.

Can it be changed in the backend?

1 answer

1 vote
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

There is no way to restart a sprint. The only way is to complete the sprint without transitioning the issues. All the issues in the sprint will go back to the backlog and then start a new sprint

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2015

Or create the new sprint and close the old one - the open issues will move into the new sprint automatically. Don't try it "in the backend", it's a bit of a nightmare - you'll need backups, a comprehensive understanding of how Agile sticks stuff in the AO tables, and downtime to run the SQL needed and re-index.

Suggest an answer