How do I reopen a sprint which I started by mistake

I started a sprint (which I was using as a placeholder for our stretch list) by mistake and the only way I could see of getting the correct sprint started was to close it and start the correct one.  This means that I now can't re-open this stretch list sprint and all my reports show incorrectly.

Can it be changed in the backend?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There is no way to restart a sprint. The only way is to complete the sprint without transitioning the issues. All the issues in the sprint will go back to the backlog and then start a new sprint

Or create the new sprint and close the old one - the open issues will move into the new sprint automatically. Don't try it "in the backend", it's a bit of a nightmare - you'll need backups, a comprehensive understanding of how Agile sticks stuff in the AO tables, and downtime to run the SQL needed and re-index.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

83 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you