How do I remove unwanted fields from Resolve Issue Screen?

Valery March 17, 2014

On "Resolve Issue" Screen there are several fields which I don't want:
- Resolution
- Assignee
- Time Spent
- Date Started
- Remaining Estimate

How do I remove them?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

As an admin, go into the workflow you are using, identify the "transition screen" in use on the resolve transition, and you'll be able to remove them.

Some quirks.

1. Do NOT remove resolution from that screen. If you do, you will lose all the functionality around Jira saying "this isssue is open/closed". If you REALLY don't want to ask the user for a resolution, then you can remove it, but you MUST then add a post-function to set the resolution for them automatically.

2. Remaining estimate and time spent could be coming from the "time tracking" field, so you might not see them in the actual screen definition

Valery March 17, 2014

>>Remaining estimate and time spent could be coming from the "time tracking" field, so you might not see them in the actual screen definition<<

How do I remove them?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Edit the Resolve Issue Screen and remove Resolution, Asignee and Time Tracking fields

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

Exactly what Boris said - remove "time tracking" from the screen.

Suggest an answer