How do I remove the ability for logged out users to see tickets, comment as anonymous?

Leslie Kramer March 31, 2015

People who are not logged in can see and comment as anonymous on tickets.  This is a big security risk for us and our clients.  I only want access for logged in users.

I tried in both Safari and an incognito window in Chrome and I am able to see the full ticket without being logged in. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

Change the permission scheme(s).  Remove the "group" called "anonymous" from all inappropriate permissions 

(Frankly, that's all of them other than "browse" for a start, and "browse = anonymous" is only for certain types of public project too)

I've gone through all of our permissions and none of them allow for "anonymous" or "anyone".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

Ok, so can you pick up a demo issue and check with a totally anonymous account? Use a browser you've not logged into your Cloud Jira with ever. (You could post it here to get one of us to check it)

Putting a link here means everyone will have access to all of our projects so even if it's a dummy project, I'd rather not post a link here. Do you have an email I can use?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

Completely understand, but I don't share emails in public (so much spam already). Could you try it with a clean browser? If you've got Chrome or Firefox, there's an "anonymous browse" option which will not carry any login details even if you've got a normal session running - that's more than good enough to do this test.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

If you can then see the issue without any login, the next step is to be 100% sure there is no "anyone" in the permissions for that one project, then visit https://support.atlassian.com to raise the issue with them. It sounds very broken to me, and quite a security hole, so I'd expect quite a swift response.

Suggest an answer