How do I remove past sprints from an issue?

Jenny Crowley July 10, 2014

Hello! I would like issues to only have one sprint. Is there a way for me to remove issues' associations with past sprints?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Jenny,

Have you tried adding the field to the edit screen(s) of the project you're trying to modify? From there you should be able to either bulk edit or remove by hand.

For more on this workaround, check out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+remove+all+Sprint+related+info+from+an+issue

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Ahh, makes sense. Try a bulk edit if you have the permissions, that may be a bit easier. Essentially run a query of "sprint=yoursprint" and it should return all at once. Keep in mind that the Sprint will not disappear until all values from that Sprint have been removed.

Jenny Crowley July 10, 2014

Hi Andrew--Yes, I've been trying to change them manually in the edit screen, but I am not able to delete them. I'll see if I can remove via the workaround. To give some context, these issues were carryovers from another project. We have since created a new project, and I don't want to see any remnants from the other project.

Jenny Crowley July 13, 2014

Okay, so now I was able to remove all of the old sprints, but another sprint popped up even though it doesn't have any issues attached to it. I have included two screenshots. Any ideas?

Suggest an answer