How do I remove a workflow step?

Tom McKenzie2 July 10, 2012

How do I delete a step from a workflow? It appears this may be a known bug https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Cannot+Add+Transitions+or+Delete+Steps+in+Draft+Workflows

The step doesn't have any transitions and I can't figure out how to add transtions so issues that are moved to this step are stuck.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

It should normally allow you to add transitions in draft state. Nevertheless, you can create a copy of the workflow, make all changes, add it in a copy of the workflow scheme and migrate the project to that scheme.

Not as easy as publishing a draft, but that will work for sure.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

I have no idea :) Btw, I have done it directly in the database by replacing workflow XML. That needs a scheduled outage but it is quicker!

It is not an option in onDemand though.

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

Are there plans to change this behavior? We have workflows with over 65,000 issues associated with them. Making a copy if the workflow and migrating the projects means the project users are "locked out" while the migration takes place.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

How many issues are in each of your projects? I find that those with under 500 tickets or so are fairly quick for reassociating workflow schemes (users would not be "locked out"). If you have a large amount of tickets in your projecs, you might want to consider moving the inactive/outdated ones to an archived project so that your working project is quicker and more efficient.

Suggest an answer