How do I remove a project from the list of Recent Projects?

robertsb-landcare July 29, 2012

The JIRA installation at my site has several dozen projects, of which I'm a member of only three or four. In the past, I've clicked on some projects of which I'm not a member, which gets those projects stuck in my Recent Projects menu, as well as the "Recent projects" section of the Project dropdown menu in the "Create Issue" dialog. I'd like to re-set the Recent Projects to remove these unwanted projects. How do I go about doing so? Clearing the Cookies in the browser doesn't seem to help, and I can't find a helpful menu function, or a link under my profile. Is this handled automatically (e.g., by means of a six-month expiry)? Or does the JIRA server maintain a list of up to N projects that it will remember forever, except if they're displaced by more recently used projects?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Hi there,

normally it's not possible to see any projects where you aren't a member of. So i think the problem here is that you're in a standard jira-group ... f.e. "jira-users", which is automaticly added to all new projects, so you're allowed to create issues.

I don't know any function to clean up the "Recent projects" History.

Regards,

Wilhelm

robertsb-landcare July 30, 2012

Hmm, so if you're correct (and, indeed, I am in jira-users), it's necessary to be able to "see" all projects in order to create new issues in any project?

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Yes, normally you should be allowed to see(browse) those projects, in which you're allowed to create a issue. You don't have to see all Projects in general.

Of course there are ways to hide the project in which you're allowed to create issues, but I think this would be more confusing than useful.

knp_taxacher September 10, 2018

(sorry, posted in wrong thread)

5 votes
Tim Chen April 13, 2018

this is an issue for deleted projects as well.  I created a few test projects to play around with and deleted them.  Now they are stuck in my recent list and link nowhere.

Itzik Preter May 9, 2018

Also happened to me with deleted projects.

Very annoying!

knp_taxacher September 10, 2018

+1, my deleted test projects keep lingering around in the recents list for weeks now

Maico Presente November 6, 2018

same to me...

how can I remove deleted projects from the recent list? 

2 votes
sheabn January 11, 2018

This seems like a pretty glaring oversite....

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2012

You go to the issues in the projects you want to be in the dropdown and that will then become the first ones in he Recent Projects dropdown.

robertsb-landcare July 30, 2012

Agreed, Jobin. However that will merely reorder existing "Recent Projects", it won't remove any from the dropdown. Thanks, though!

Suggest an answer