It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I remove ALL transition from workflow

Hi,

When working with a workflow I got the question "do you want this transition to work for al steps" when hovering over "Close". I thought that was smart, but it turns out not to be smart. How do I remove this transition for some of the steps (I need to be able to close tickets but not with every step)

3 answers

0 votes

Hi @Marianne van Nouhuys ,

If you need to skip some steps, the easiest way is to select "Allow all statuses to transition to this one".

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/working-with-workflows-776636540.html#Workingwithworkflows-workflowdesigner

TIM截图20191025180816.png

@Marianne van Nouhuys , 

Edit your workflow and  can click on the  transition to close status. Noe you can deselect the check box of "Allow all statues to transition to this one" . Publish the draft workflow and you are done . Now you will not get close at all status transitions.

Hope this helped you 

Regards
Haran 

Hi @Marianne van Nouhuys ,

while the aforementioned suggestions are valid with regard to removing those all transitions in general, the best approach might as well be keeping this all transition and just adding a Value Field condition to this transition.

It always depends on the numbers, e.g. if you have 10 statuses and your transition should only occur at one status, go ahead and add a single transition. However, if you need your transition from 9 statuses (all but one), I'd use the all transition and add the condition for the single status where it's not needed.

value_field_condition.PNG

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you