How do I quickly search for a Fix Version when creating or updating a Jira issue?

Neha Patet December 19, 2017

I want to enter a Fix Versionin the "Fix Version" field of  a new issue or an existing issue. My list of Fix versions is long and complicated e.eg. 3.3.0.1.100, 3.3.0.1.101, 3.3.0.1.102. etc.

I want to simply enter the last three digits  i.e. 100, 101 etc in the "Fix Version" field of jira so I can easily pick a particular version as opposed to typing the entire version name i.e. 3.3.0.1.100 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi @Neha Patet

Unfortunately the auto complete searching feature in Jira does not allow for this kind of searching within Jira at this time.  However I think that your request here could be useful to other users.  So I created to a feature request for this on our site: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66553

There is no guarantee that this feature request might be implemented into a future version of Jira, but it is possible.

I was not able to find any other 3rd party plugins to Jira that would also be able to provide an improvement for this current functionality.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer