How do I query Story Point updates in JIRA?

Emily Bichler August 18, 2017

Hello,

Within the JIRA tickets, there is a history that shows Story Point changes. I want to be able to query this data, so I don't have to go look through each ticket. 

Is there a way to do this? I get an alert that this is not supported for the Story Point field. 

Query.PNG

If there's not a way to do this, will JIRA be supporting this action in the future? 

Thank you,

Emily

2 answers

2 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2017

Hi Emily,

You'll want to review the Communities post Query to track the story points changes on the Stories JIRA for an alternate method to do what you're trying to do without an add-on.

Going forward I would definitely recommend adding a JAC ticket for this Suggestion and post the link here so the Community can vote on it to add impact.  Add your use case to the comments and the more votes we get on that issue the better chance we have of getting it added to JIRA natively.

Cheers,

Branden

Jody Anderson September 3, 2017

I wanted the same thing, and created the request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67469

Is there a way to do this with a plugin or addon or something...

0 votes
Pete Jones August 2, 2018

Looking for the same here, I would like to take estimation performance back to the team in order to start the discussion about improving...

Koert Moreau July 10, 2019

I wonder why such an obvious question and improvement is already taking more than 1,5 years to even get picked up... :(

Denise Filbin March 23, 2020

Agreed - this is something that teams use for capacity planning and estimation maturity.  Why don't you start supporting it ATLASSIAN??

Koert Moreau March 25, 2020

Next-gen this, next-gen that ... to try and persuade new customers and new approaches. But evidently Jira has reached its limits supporting Agile teams in depth? Story points field is not a basic internal field, perhaps solving ouyr issue is more structural. So moving newer projects to MS Azure DevOps as my collegues are doing wil be the next stop for me, I fear...

Suggest an answer