How do I prevent notification when adding files to an issue?

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

In fact, it is the total opposite of this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115408/notification-when-i-add-file-in-an-issue

The normal usage of JIRA in house are:

1. Reporters create issue.
  2. Created issues got auto-assigned to assignees.
  3. Then reporter adds attachments to the issue with drag and drop, because they hate to click and browse attachments one by one.
  4. The assignees get tons of notification emails about added attachments.

Is there anyway to avoid this? Please don't ask me to train my users to use JIRA differently. It's the same like Apple asking you to hold your iPhone differently than you would, right? :)

Should I develop some new custom events to differentiate attachment field from all other fields for issue update event? That is really an overhead while waiting for these issues:

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

I think one way to archive this is to create a custom event without notification and write a listener to trigger ISSUE_UPDATED in case no attachment was attached.

Suggest an answer