How do I prevent comments on a workflow step

Jeff Norris July 31, 2017

What values do I put into Property Key and Property Value?

2 answers

2 votes
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

If you are using scriptrunner-> behaviours -> hidden fields:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html#_hidden_fields

Im not using scriptrunner

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

From memory, jira.permission.comment for the key and denied for the value.

I get this error when I do that

'"-->>]]></script></noscript></style> ERROR OCCURRED

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error parsing meta attribute <meta name='jira.permission.comment'>denied</meta>. Name format is 'jira.permission.[subtasks].<permission>.[group|user|assignee|...]'

I've tried a lot of combinations but that error message suggests that this should work

key: jira.permission.comment.user
value: denied

but that does not work

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Sorry, I really should not trust my memory.

jira.permission.comment.denied for the key, and leave the value empty.

That worked. Throws a server error when trying to save comment. I expected them to hide the UI.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Yes, it's annoying (especially as turning off the edit just disables access to the UI, like it should do!)

Suggest an answer