How do I prevent an issue collector from linking to the JIRA issue it creates?

Steven T. Snyder January 31, 2013

I would like to use an issue collector on a public-facing website. I don't want users to see the issue name and link when they submit feedback.

It normally looks like this:

Your feedback has been recorded in WEB-26. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.

I would rather that users just see something like "Thank you for your feedback! This window will automatically close in 5 seconds."

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

The dialog box is actually using the message "collector.plugin.template.thanks.recorded" set in the file il8n.properties, inside of the issue collector plugin, may be you can find the template use that message set then remove the issue key part, or you can remove the variable in the propertie file. But you probably need to use the SDK to rebuild the plugin then update the plugin on JIRA. :)

0 votes
Avinav Pandya February 24, 2014

Hi Yilin,

I am new to Issue collector, I have managed to customize the feedback message. but some how the customize message only works in IE but when I use FireFox I dont see the CR number.

My customize message is as below:

collector.plugin.template.thanks.recorded=Your request has been raised. Your reference ID is {0}. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.
collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission=Your request has been raised. Your reference ID is {0}. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.

This give me proper ID number for ex CR-61 in IE while in firefox it just shows {o}

Could you please help ?

Regards

Avinav

Steven T. Snyder February 24, 2014

Avinav, you need to post this as a new question (click Ask a Question at the top), not as an answer!

Suggest an answer