How do I preserve column selections on Next-Gen filters?

Nick van der Net January 12, 2021

Hi folks,

I have created several filters in my Jira Next-Gen project. Each filter requires a separate display of columns. But whenever I change filters, the columns do not change.

Is there a way to save a column layout with a filter? I can't advertise the creation of a filter and then require others to set their columns so everytime they want to view a filter.

I'm sure there's an easy solution, but I'm not sure. Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Nick van der Net,

Saved filters are available through Filters > advanced issue search. Or when coming from the next-gen issues overview, by clicking the go to advanced search button in the top right corner.

After defining your search and saving the filter, under columns you will find 3 tabs:

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 08.12.04.png 

The filter tab will only be there when you are watching a saved filter. If you want to adjust (and save) the column selection for your filter, make sure to select that tab before adding and removing columns. This will make sure your selection will be retained with the filter.

On a side note: when testing this, the columns were not updated immediately after (un)selecting columns. Only after refreshing my screen.

Nick van der Net January 12, 2021

Monuments should be erected to your genius. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events