It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I prepopulate sections that are required to fill out/complete before submitting a request? Edited

I am looking to create a section in Jira tickets that require a user to answer some simple questions (ex: what business value/objective are you trying to accomplish,specific due dates) before they submit a ticket.

The problem is my team is under the same project as the rest of the company. So I dont want to create these questions that will also automatically populate for other teams who share the same project as me. I saw that you can create custom fields, but if I do that it appears it will create it for the other teams as well. Is there a way to do this for just my specific team without creating a new project?

If not, are there add ons or integrations with other tools that would be useful for this.

1 answer

Hi @Eric Mosse 

It is not possible within the same screen. My suggestion is to create a new issuetype specific to your team, so you can freely create a dedicated screen and thereby custom fields for the requests been submitted.

Thanks. But not sure if this really solves the issue. If I am an end users and I want to submit the ticket, I want them to have to type out there specific issue and root cause for why they are asking it in the ticket via prompts. I dont think issue type would really get at that vs custom fields list. But as stated, I cant use custom fields without changing the project type. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you