How do I move the "Done" action item from the "More Actions..." submenu to the top-level context menu?

Steve Stringer August 27, 2016

I'm on a busy project with many moving pieces.  Sometimes a task in the product backlog is completed organically before a sprint actually starts.  

In my JIRA backlog screen, it would be handy if I could mark a task as "Done" more easily.  Instead, I have to click the task, click the "..." context menu, click "More Actions...", click the drop-down menu, and select "Done" from the Workflows option group.  

Is there a way to move "Done," or better yet the entire Workflows option group so it is much more accessible?

Thanks,
Steve 

1 answer

0 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2016

Hi Steve,

Yes, you can achieve this - there are some properties which need to be set on the workflow. See the answer by Matheus Fernandes in this thread - it's pretty exhaustive and covers everything you need to know.

Basically, if you want to show all available transitions, you'll need to set just the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions property in jira-config.properties - this is a global configuration and will affect all projects. You can also reorder so that more important transitions are accessible directly from the page and not from the drop-down menu.

Steve Stringer August 28, 2016

Thanks, Peter.  Unfortunately, several attempts at editing the opsbar-transitions property per Matheus' thread did not result in moving the workflow context menu items (specifically, "Done") closer to the surface.  Thanks for trying, though.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

You need to restart JIRA after the setting the opsbar-transitions property - that answer has 33 up-votes, so apparently this works for other people. Also, make sure you look at what you can do with opsbar-squence - you'll be able to change which buttons appear on the screen and which are in the drop-down. This property needs to be set on all transitions to the desired status that should appear on the screen. Read about it here - section "Customize how transitions appear".

Suggest an answer