How do I move issues from our JIRA (6.0.4) Dev Environment to our JIRA (6.0.4) Prod Env for a Project?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

We used the plugin "Project Configurator" to move a project from our Jira Dev (6.0.6) environment to our JIRA PRODUCTION (6.0.4) environment but now the Project Owner would like us to also move all the Epics and Stories created in the DEV environment to Production as well. Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Possible Solution: We are trying to configure JIRAs Application Link and then use the plugin JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy. There is a known issue with Jira's Application Link, but Atlassian has provided a workaround. We will be researching that workaround (in JSP-17880) and hopefully if implemented, the plugin will work as it's designed.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2013

Hi Jana,

You can use the JIRA Project Import. You get your XML Backup and import just the project that you wish. Just check the details and the step-by-step procedure at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

Cheers,

Pedro

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2013

Oh, my bad, I did not noticed that PROD and DEV were in different versions. In this case, the Project Import won't work.

I'd recomment that you upgrade your production instance. Otherwise, you won't be able to fully import the issues.

Suggest an answer