How do I merge two Atlassian onDemand services?

Hugo Phan March 3, 2013

Hi,

I would like to move all content from canopypaas.atlassian.net to canopycloud.atlassian.net.

Please let me know how I can do this? I have administrative rights to both.

Thanks,

Hugo

1 answer

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

I guessed you need the temporary JIRA Standalone to merge the data and export to one ondemand instance. Check out this ondemand KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+to+Merge+Two+JIRA+OnDemand+Instances

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2013

Could you check the documentation that Teck En Yew pointed you to - that answers your question (which is a "No, but there's a workaround") and tells you how to do it as well.

Hugo Phan March 4, 2013

I need to merge two onDemand instances together, is this possible?

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

Hey Hugo, there are no direct method to merge 2 ondemand instances together in one click. The only workaround is that you need to export the backup and import into a local JIRA installation.

Then merge the another instances into the local installation using Project Import. After finish merging the 2 instances in the local installation, you would require to export the backup data and use the import feature to restore the backup. The steps has been stated in the KB article and you can try perform a test in local installation.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2013

Hi Hugo, we do have Expert Service that could help you perform such operation with a certain fee. You can raise a support request in our support platform and input that you need a expert service for such operation in the descriptions of the support ticket.

From there, the support engineer who will check with you the suitable expert nearest to your timezone. To raise a support request, you can do it through our support site: https://support.atlassian.com

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2013

They won't do anything less "risky", but an Atlassian expert should at least have the knowledge and experience to be able to minimise it

Have a look at http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts for someone suitable.

Hugo Phan March 4, 2013

Thanks Teck and Nic for you help.

Our onDemand instances are currently heavily used and I don't want to do anything that will have any adverse effect on the toolset, I cannot accept the risk. I also need to merge both Confluence and JIRA from the two onDemand instances. Is there a paid support or professional services from Atlassian or a partner that can help me?

My requirements: I need support or PS services to migrate all data (Confluence and JIRA) from canopypaas.atlassian.net to canopycloud.atlassian.net.

Suggest an answer