How do I mention any Jira user on any Jira issue?

Evrim Aslan April 13, 2021

I want to mention a Jira user in an issue, but they are not part of the project that issue is related to. 

I want to be able to mention, but the mentioned user should only be able to see the specific issue that s/he is mentioned. 

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Evrim Aslan 

No it isn’t possible.

First a user needs the browse project permission to see the project and in this case I assume they don’t have it going by your description.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any simple workaround to this other than:

1. Allow all users to see the project
  2. Set a default security level that blocks the issue from all users other than those who currently see the issue.
  3. Add a security level that allows a user custom field see the issue.
  4. When you mention a user, also manually add the said user to the custom field.
  5. Edit the current security level from default to the one that allows the users in the custom field to see the issue

With the above you should be able to achieve what you described though it’s not happening automatically.

cheers.

Evrim Aslan April 13, 2021

Thank you, @Ismael Jimoh 

I guess just messaging on a communication platform would work much faster than. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2021

You are welcome.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events