How do I map/link the ticket from Jira to SolarWinds

Kumar Elumalai June 8, 2021

Hi Team,

We have configured the Jira to Solarwinds service desk integration. Now we want to link the new ticket/existing ticket to SolarWinds.

I have done more research to find the documentation but still, I am not getting the exact solution.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

+919551919713

2 answers

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2022

Hi. My name is Diana and I am a solutions architect at ZigiWave. You can easily connect Jira & SolarWinds. Our no-code integration platform ZigOps will help you achieve that in a matter of minutes. It allows the transfer of default and custom fields between the systems and syncs them in real-time. Our tool reads the schema dynamically and can transfer any fields. If you want to see how it works in action: book a technical demo.

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hello Kumar,

Consider using an automation plugin such as Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner or Power Scripts.

You could create a transition script that would create a weblink to the Solarwinds issue.

Regards,

Hyrum

Please note that I am a support engineer for Power Scripts and I work for Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Kumar Elumalai June 9, 2021

@Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_ Thanks for the reply.

Will you please provide me the script example or documentation. So that I will go through the documents/scripts and achieve the task.

Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

Hello Kumar!

A script would look something like this:

createWebLink(key, "url goes here", "title goes here");

See this documentation on customizing workflows.

Here is documentation on createWebLink().

I hadn't thought of this before I posted, but implicit in your question is how to have a user select from a list of already existing SolarWinds ticket. To my knowledge, this is not possible in Jira Cloud (there is no API for this). What you could do is have a user post the SolarWinds ticket number/key into a text field and then create the weblink based on a formula. For example, let's say a Solar Winds ticket url looks something like this:

http://<base url>/path/to/DEMO-45

In this example, the user would type in (or paste) the ticket number and you could then use the url pattern to create a weblink in a SIL Post Function

string url = "http://<base url>/path/to/" + trim(nameOfTextField);

createWebLink(key, url, url);

If you use trim, this will ensure any spaces inputed by the user would be removed.

Regards,

Hyrum 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events