How do I manage closed issue that are not released in next version in Kanban

Thomas Saxtoft August 23, 2015

I have recently started to use Kanban for managing a project using Jira.

We are about to release a new version (say 1.1), and while we are still stabilizing the release other developers continue to close issue for the releasing after that (1.2). The Done column on the Kanban board contains all issues that are Done (both 1.1 + 1.2) but I am not going to release all of it only 1.1. How do I restrict the Dome column only to show and release version 1.1?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2015

That's not how Kanban works - you're supposed to release everything in the column and move on.

Not a problem though, because your process isn't Kanban, you just need to do things slightly differently.  Go to plain JIRA, run a filter for all the stuff you want to release in 1.1 and use bulk-edit to set the version to 1.1

Thomas Saxtoft August 23, 2015

I see what you mean. This is probably because we still are in a transition phase where we need to release important fixes, without included a major change that needs a lot more testing.

Suggest an answer