How do I make the View operation screen align match with the screen I created for the View operation?

Zach Pritchard July 28, 2016

I created a custom view screen for an issue type when in the view operation, and it's not showing up (only showing the default). For example, I have tabs and there are no tabs. I also don't want to show version or component and they're still showing up. Before I work through the screens for different issue types, I want to make sure I don't do all the work, only to find out it doesn't work sad

Any help would be appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avril Bower
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

Hey @Zach Pritchard, 

When you create multiple tabs on a view screen, the tab will not show up on the Issue Details page (View operation) unless one or more of the fields located on that tab have a value. If all of those fields are left blank then the tab will not be displayed until someone uses the edit screen to add values to those fields. 

As for Component and Version displaying even though you've removed them from your custom view screen: They will always be displayed as they are system fields: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-764478043.html 

You may be able to hide those fields in your field configuration but that means you will not be able to use that field at all within that project. Short of it, if you want to have the ability to use components or fix version (system fields) you are stuck with having them displayed on the view screen. 

Hope this helps!

Avril 

Zach Pritchard July 29, 2016

You hit it right on head! Thanks @Avril Bower smile 

Suggest an answer