How do I make logging work mandatory when marking issue as complete?

I'm running JIRA cloud so Script Runner is not available for me...

Any ideas?

Thank you.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Carlos,

You can use workflow validators to achieve that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hey Clarissa, thanks so much for the info! I'm trying the instructions but I'm not quite sure which option to pick and this Q&A forum won't let me post images in this box -- only in the answer box. So I put it below and can delete it after you review it. Thanks again.

Actually, you can't. Worklog validators are not available for Cloud if I remember correctly. There's certainly none in the core and I don't remember any of the available addons providing it.

Hi Carlos,

• Please refer to this page. Hope this helps. Currently Script runner

plugun is not available for JIRA Cloud.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/303317

• You can use Validators to make loggingf work mandatory.

Regards

Chander Inguva.

Hi thanks, Clarissa.

Yeah, it appears validators is the way to go. However, when I follow the instructions in the link you gave me I am unsure which option to choose (sorry, I'm sort of a newb). Could you please advise?

Also just FYI, I am adding this prior to the "Done" transition in Agile Simplified Workflow if that makes a difference. 

Thanks again, 
Carlos 

image2015-5-29 11:52:45.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

221 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you