How do I make an Agile board publicly accessible?

Paul Grimes March 15, 2016

Hi - long time listener, first time caller. 

Related questions don't seem to answer this, from what I can see - this question is based on this URL:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-remove-visibility-restrictions-on-a-board-779159203.html

It appears to be about "To change the visibility of your board to All Users" - I'm assuming this would allow public users to see the board - but having carried out the steps, the board itself remains inaccessible from the public. The filter can be shared, yes, but the boards visibility is not brought to All Users.

I have also looked up Can I share a JIRA Agile board publically? and from there carried out the steps in Enabling anonymous access is JIRA, but still, the board itself remains inaccessible. The list of issues are visible when anonymous users go to (eg) https://myaccount.atlassian.net/browse/PROJ, yes, but the Agile board itself is not publicly accessible.

Can you point me to some steps to making an Agile board accessible by the public, and not just the filter?

Thanks!

Paul G

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

I don't believe you can do this anymore. I am under the impression this changed when JIRA 7 launched. Does the dashboard gadget suffice? Only JIRA Software Application Users can use boards.

Paul Grimes March 15, 2016

Ah, that's a shame. The dashboard gadget tends to cause a little confusion for those not used to JIRA (client types) - they see the full backlog in there, not the tasks that have been agreed to be worked on within a sprint (ie filtered board).

Would there possibly be a release note anywhere that mentions that it's been removed?=

Thanks for your answer.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

You can easily ensure the gadget only shows the sprint, that'd be based on your query. You could use the function OpenSprints() for instance. (a la sprint in openSprints())

The documentation states that agile board anonymous access is only available for JIRA 6 and lower. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-an-agile-board-publicly-visible-779159197.html

This article is only valid for users below JIRA 7.

If you have upgraded to JIRA 7 this approach will not work for you.

The suggestion you're looking for is here for commenting your use-case and voting. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-13060

Paul Grimes March 16, 2016

(New to questions, my profile status disallows commenting per-24h until I have 3 pts)

Thanks for this - I'll go about creating a filtered view in the gadget instead. I hadn't seen that it was pre-7 JIRA that could only do this.

Cheers Steven.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2016

I usually upvote good questions, too bad I didn't! The AtlassianAnswers system prompts high-ranking users to "promote" good users or "block" spam, it looks like I never did for you and neither did anyone else.

Anyways, no worries and good luck! Ask questions if you need anything!

Pieterjan Vanpee August 18, 2016

Hello,

what do you mean with the Dashboard gadget? I'm trying to create a JIRA Dashboard which should be publicly visible, but this doesn't work if I share it with everyone. Apparently everyone means all JIRA Users in this case.

So I saw you talking about a gadget, so maybe this is another functionality which I'm not aware of?

Please help.

Thanks,

PJ

Suggest an answer