How do I make all custom configurations we have the default for any project we start?

Whenever we create a new project it has to be created with the default schemes that are available, then we have to go through and edit everything and apply all of our schemes and workflows and everything else in order for it to work with our company. Is there a way to either just make every project created have our config upon creation or to export our configuration then just import it to each configuration we make?

1 answer

0 votes

Not on Cloud I'm afraid.  The trick is to create a new project template that does what you want, but you can't install that type of addon in Cloud.  Or use the project configurator addon, or the script runner (again, not available for Crowd)

Will it become available at some point? That really makes the custom configurations much less useful if you have to go through and manually apply them everytime.

Unlikely - Atlassian have pretty much said that Connect is the future and they won't be adding more type-2 addons to Cloud

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,721 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you