How do I make a single card appear on two boards?

molysa December 4, 2014

i have a ticket in a project, lets call is Project A, and I have a ticket named 'A-apple' that appears on Project's A board. I want to 'A-apple' card to also appear on another Project's board, lets call it Project B? I want that ticket 'A-apple' to appear on two boards, so that when i update the status of that ticket, it will update on both boards,and we can track it on both boards. How do i do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

A board is just a visual representation of a JQL filter. Lets assume that project A's board filter is:

project = "project A"

Project B's filter is probably the same, since this is JIRA's default. So:

project = "project B"

What you need to do is follow the documentation on how to edit the board you use for project B and change the filter to:

project in ("project A", "project B")

If you want to add more conditions this is possible too. If you want to show only A-apple tickets on project B's board (not all issue types) you could use:

project = "project B" OR issuetype = "A-apple"

Enjoy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2014

Yup. Another way to put this is simply "make sure the filter for each board includes the issues you want to see on those boards"

Suggest an answer